Monday, February 9, 2009

Bear Lake!!!

Bear Lake is Awesome!!! I guess we had forgotten how much fun we had last February when we went to Bear Lake, because we almost didn't go... But after much coercing from my sister Katie we decided to take the trip. Its only about a 45 minute drive for us from Kemmerer, and well worth it.

(this is as we were driving down the mountain back into Lake Town a beautiful view of Bear Lake)


We drove into town about 2:00 in the afternoon on Friday, to our amazement Bear Lake was not frozen over, last year the boys rode their snowmobiles out onto the lake, this year that was not about to happen... We got to our Resort and checked in. This time we only rented a 1 bedroom, that gave us our own room and a murphy bed for Kayla and Jess and the couch for michael (that is what we thought anyway we ended up having several cousins stay over so it was a little more cramped then we first thought). Shortly after we got there the family converged.. My mom was there, my oldest sister Tracy w/ her family, my brother Curtis with his brood, my brother paul with his, Carla came with a few of her kids, and Katie with her kids. After a quick lunch we hit the pool then had dinner and some games..



(the inside of our condo)

The next morning we got up about 10:00 to head to the hills... Actually it is called the sinks, but it is the perfect place for sledding, these are pictures from last year, because this year I had so much fun riding and sledding that I forgot to take pictures... I rediscovered how much fun sledding is, as long as you have a snowmobile to drag you back up the big hill.







After the day of snowmobiling and sledding almost everyone went home. My brother Curtis and his wife Brandy, my sister Katie and her husband Paul and us were the only ones left, so we fed the kids and left to go have an adult dinner at the local steak house..




After dinner it was one more night of swimming... We had so much fun swimming, the dad's all played and rough housed with the kids while the mom's soaked up the water and just enjoyed some good conversation..







The next morning it was time to clean up and head back home.. We had fun and are completely worn out, but it was well worth it... I can't wait until next year!!!


Goodbye Bear Lake...

This is how us Wyomingites go swimming, all you need are your cowboy boots!!!

2 comments:

  1. Here is some thoughts I had while missing you when you guys were at Bear Lake...

    I don't like fancy learning books,
    I don't like apple tarts,
    I don't like cozy breakfast nooks,
    I don't like modern arts,
    Well, I like farts, Yes I like farts,
    I like long farts, short farts, wet farts, your farts,
    I like farts, If you've got heart, oh, I've got heart,
    Let's hear those farts, how do I start,
    Well, I will help you get your, farting started.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here Diane, this is the video...

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ffd-EPKC_3I&feature=related

    ReplyDelete