Wednesday, February 4, 2009

It has happened...







Wow... So it has happened. My eldest, beautiful daughter Kayla has turned 12... Now what??

She had a big party with some friends about 3 weeks before her birthday because her BF was moving and wouldn't make it to her birthday.. They watched movies ate lots of cake and food (my goodness can a bunch of 11 and 12 year olds put away a lot of food).. I made some little mini pizzas which totally crashed and burned, the kids hated them, so did the family... You know the biscuit pizzas (I love 'em).. Oh well. We decided to give Kayla her "big" present then so she could use it, which was a really cool, red, digital camera.. Which she totally loves!! Anyway the girls all spent the night and had a lot of fun.. (besides the dinner part)...

For her actual birthday we invited our "family" friends Kenny and Janie.. We ate spaghetti and then had cake and ice cream.. They gave her a big bottle of BBQ sauce, which is kind of an inside joke, (kayla LOVES BBQ sauce). Janie made a label that said "Kayla's Sauce" and then put flower gems all over it, it was really cute and Kayla totally LOVE IT!!! (in fact the other day when I made BBQ ribs she got really mad when I told her I used it (which I didn't) and she claimed it is "her sauce" and nobody is to touch it!!) So that party went well too. The best part was singing "happy birthday" to her in our most loudest, most obnoxious voices ever..

But back to my baby being 12.. The agreement was when she turned 12 she would be allowed to wear some very light makeup, very conservatively.. It worked well for the weekend and at church she looked very nice, then she went to school on Monday.. After her friends got a hold of her (and her make up bag) they decided she wasn't wearing near enough, she came home in a heavily made up face that I had dreaded.. She looked beautiful, don't get me wrong... Just a little too much too fast.. So we had to sit down and discuss what was okay and not okay. Her friends (who have been wearing make up since 4th grade) are still trying to convince her that the make up needs to be seen from across the hall, but I think we found the happy medium...

So now that I have written a book about her.. I just want to say how sad I am that my firstborn is growing up so fast, where is that sweet little innocent girl that we called Lollipop?? But on the other hand, I am also very proud of her, and the young lady that she is becoming. For the most part we can always count on her to make the right choices. And even though she does get moody every now and then, the road hasn't been to bumpy, and she makes our life a joy.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KAYLA!!

Then next 8 years are the scariest!!!

1 comment:

  1. I like to look at the bright side... 12 is better than 13, 16 and 18. I don't think you will like any of those years. But don't get me wrong, you will love 14, 15, and 17. You have those years to look forward to. By the way, how's Bear Lake? Did you like the movie?

    ReplyDelete